Opening a catering business can be a rewarding opportunity. Yet, like any type of business operation, it comes with numerous risks. Your goal is to provide fantastic food and good service to your customers. To do this, and minimize financial loss, you need business insurance. Most catering companies need business owner policy (BOP) coverage or beyond. What are some of the policies from which you can benefit?

Work with your Park & Associates agent to determine the right features to protect your new venture.

General Liability Insurance

In every situation, companies will need to have general liability insurance. It helps protect you from lawsuits and claims filed by others against your company. This may be applicable in situations in which someone becomes ill from your food. It may apply if someone suffers a burn as a result of your actions. This type of coverage provides you with protection from other people's claims. With coverage, a harmed party can feel better protected.

Property Insurance

Are you operating your business out of your home or a third party location? In either case, you need proper property insurance on it. This helps to minimize risks associated with your business. Fires, theft, and vandalism are some key concerns. Most catering companies will have specific equipment. This equipment may include kitchen items, items you take with you to jobs, and your computer systems. You also will want enough coverage for your inventory.

Commercial Auto Insurance

Even if you operate your catering business out of a small car, you need to have commercial auto insurance for it. It will be a key component of your business if you deliver food. If people pick up food from you only, you may not want to invest in this coverage. Commercial auto insurance should include coverage for liability, collisions and other damage.

Business Interruption Insurance

If your business suffers a devastating fire, you may be unable to operate it for a time. This type of coverage can help to cover your business costs during the downtime.

Equipment Insurance

Some companies may benefit from equipment breakdown coverage. This will be important if you operate out of a commercial kitchen. It can help protect you if your refrigerators, freezers, or cooking equipment fails. It can also help cover food spoilage.

Discuss your needs with your Park & Associates agent. Determine if you have enough coverage for the situations you are dealing with right now. But, you may want to consider extensive policies to cover your catering business as it grows.

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017

View Mobile Version
Facebook Twitter
Licensed In The Following States: Florida
Please Read Our Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2009-2019 Park & Associates, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Insurance Website Builder